Dear Darling Mahdi,
Happy Birthday to you! It’s been a true joy watching to grow and develop your personality this year.
You are curious, inquisitive, and always open to ideas. I can also see strong leadership qualities in you that i’m sure will only grow with your new role as a big brother.
Unfortunately, you are also flexing some other qualities that scare me. Stubbornness, independence, adventurousness… All these scare me, because i never want you to get hurt. But i guess i need to let you grow up eventually.
We ARE excited that you will soon have your first school day. And i hope you make a ton of friends.
This year you also learnt that not everyone is nice. Some are mean, and born bullies. I pray you stay strong and not let the haters get you down. Always lean on me and ayah for advice and if you are feeling blue.
Here’s to another great year.
So much love,
The day has come. My precious baby boy is now an active, fast talking, very soon to be 4 year old!
Where did the time go?
I wanted to do something big for his birthday this year. Since we skipped his birthday last year and went for a holiday instead.
This year, I’m flexing all my creative muscles for a real toddlers birthday party! So exciting.
I’ve been toying around with a couple of themes, but I’ve narrowed down the theme to STAR WARS.
Weeeeeeee so excited! Check out my obsessive pinterest board for the ideas i’ve collected.
Sidenote: Who else is excited about #TheForceAwakens? 😀
We are happy to introduce our little princess to the world.
Munira Aurora Binti Mundzir.
Born at 3.3kg, 4.45PM on 26th October 2015.
I am beyond ecstatic that the delivery went smoothly and although we were hoping to have VBAC this time around. I’m glad we made the decision to have a caesarean birth due to other complications.
Just happy she’s lovely, healthy and everything went great.
Will post more updates on her birth and more stories soon. 🙂
It has finally happened. My inability to keep my emotions in check has bubbled over to the surface and something that I promised would never happen to me… Happened today.
I cried.. at work. Not about work specifically, but more on the stress that work caused.
Theres so much going on under the surface that it all sort of bubbled over.
So much to deal with in such a short amount of time left to do it in.
THINGS LEFT TO DO.
- Pick a effin hospital to give birth in. Since our original plan of going with the DR who delivered Mahdi fell thru. I’ve been stress about this. Private hospitals are waaaayyyy out of our budget and frankly we were not prepared for Plan B.
- Putting the crib together… or even some form of nursery for the baby seems impossible right now. Because my house is still a glorified storage room. U’d think we’d be able to find an inch of space for a newborn in this 1600sqft house. sigh.
- BUY BABY CRAP. Essentials like a breastpump, a carseat.. honestly i think this baby is gonna have to just survive on hand-me-downs until we get our shit together… seriously, how did everything suddenly become so much more expensive this time around. sigh again.
- sort out confinement details. Urut? no urut? I didn’t do it when i had Mahdi… and it’s something i’ve always regretted. But am i ready to part with money i so desperately need? Is it rreeaaaaaallllyyy important? #stressingmeout
- Work handover list. dont. even. get. me. started.
Me bursting out to tears every now and then has at least ONE positive outcome. It’s has signalled the husband that he needs to pitch in and help me deal with this stuff. So i’m glad to finally have someone in my corner.
This pregnancy has been by far the hardest time emotionally for me. Which is a weird and i can’t explain it. Because if you sit down to think about it, I’m so much better equipped to navigate this. WHY?
- Because i’ve done this before… you’d think it would be easier. Wrong.
- Because i have a better support system now, lots of other moms to talk to… but i feel like they don’t really understand what i’m going through right now. Because honestly, i don’t understand it.
- Because i earn way more now then i did when i had Mahdi (because i was unemployed at the time). So why do i feel like i have less?
- Because I have a way bigger house now. In fact, almost double the sqft. But why don’t have enough space to put the baby stuff?
I know this all sounds like i’m bragging and complaining at the same time… but i’ve been having sudden meltdowns when i do nothing but sob uncontrollably. And as i said, i can’t even explain what is making me feel this way.
I’m honestly hoping it’s a phase… and i’ll stop feeling like i’m going to explode.
It’s been a rough couple of days at #theMookies household.
Hubs in was hospitalised with dengue, since saturday, and now Mahdi is showing signs of fever as well.
I’ve been shuttling between work, hospitals and home this whole week. Luckily my boss understood and i was able to work remotely on thursday, before finally taking leave on friday. It’s been hell. But you gotta do what you gotta do for your family.
I’ve been sooo busy taking care of sick people that i actually forgot that it was my anniversary on thursday. I only was reminded when my sister wished me. Urgh. What a way to celebrate right?
Hopefully if all goes well, Mooky will be out today and i’ll finally have my family home again.
Mahdi: Mama, Lilly (the cat) wants a baby.
Me: Ok, (Sees opportunity) How bout you, Do you want a baby too?
Mahdi: No, i AM the baby here… We don’t need another one. We just need a baby for Lilly.
Got another few months to warm Mahdi up to the idea of being a big brother.