Dear Darling Mahdi,
Happy Birthday to you! It’s been a true joy watching to grow and develop your personality this year.
You are curious, inquisitive, and always open to ideas. I can also see strong leadership qualities in you that i’m sure will only grow with your new role as a big brother.
Unfortunately, you are also flexing some other qualities that scare me. Stubbornness, independence, adventurousness… All these scare me, because i never want you to get hurt. But i guess i need to let you grow up eventually.
We ARE excited that you will soon have your first school day. And i hope you make a ton of friends.
This year you also learnt that not everyone is nice. Some are mean, and born bullies. I pray you stay strong and not let the haters get you down. Always lean on me and ayah for advice and if you are feeling blue.
Happy 2nd Birthday buddy!! It’s amazing how fast time flies when you are having fun. This year you taught me how to be PATIENT. Verrryyy patient!
2013 was a big year for you, you finally learnt how to walk at 15 months, you spoke your first words (fish, car), learnt to name your favorite colors (red, blue)… and how to say No, thank you, please and ‘Help me, Mama’. 🙂
You have grown up to be such a wonderful and thoughtful little guy. I still melt everytime i come home from a rough day at work.. and you greet me with your usual ‘Hi Mama!’. ❤
You have no idea how you have made my life better than it was previously. You make Mama and Ayah love each other more.. because our love made you and we couldn’t wish for a better little man in our lives.
I hope and pray that you continue to grow up healthy and learn right from wrong. I hope you don’t pick up any of our bad habits… and only inherit our awesomeness. 🙂
A few years ago, “How I Met Your Mother” aired an episode called “Murtaugh,” in which one of the main characters, Ted, lists things he’s too old to do anymore. With my birthday just around the corner, I got to thinking about growing up and what’s expected of you at a certain age. With that in mind, I decided to make my own Murtaugh list. Some of these things I have done, some I have probably always felt too old to do, and some I have simply missed my window for.
Any way you slice it, I’m too old for this stuff.
Here are 28 things I can no longer do now that I am 28.
1. Wear really short booty shorts (with words across my ass) outside of my house;
2. Wear superhero/tv/movie related T-shirts, although i REALLY want this!
3. Wear offensive/ironic T-Shirts;
4. Let someone talk me into doing something I really don’t want to do;
5. Go to a hipster party/rave.
6. Not ask for help when I need it;
7. Go out without make – up (really gotta work on this)
8. Order milo ais instead of coffee..
9. Take selfies alone, or do duck-face poses.
10. Rely solely on take-out; instead of cooking.
11. Be afraid/too shy to ask for refills at McDonalds.
12. Look the other way when I think I’m being lied to;
13. Get involved with drama that does not concern me.
14. Pull an all-nighter and think i’ll be able to survive work the next day (fool!);
15. Pretend to be something I’m not;
16. Have unframed posters on my wall (as originally stated by one Ted Mosby);
17. Have caller ringtones, or having a pop song as my ringtone.
18. Skip going to the dentist;
19. Say the phrases “awesome”; “sokayh yo”; “epic fail”; or “cayalaaah”;
20. Drink out of plastic cups; eat out of plastic plate…. 21.Obsess over Harry Potter NVM, I WILL ALWAYS OBSESS OVER HARRY POTTER 21. Sleep until pass noon, regularly; with no shame.
22. Own a lava lamp, a Justin Bieber poster, or anything that glows in the dark;
23. Keep thinking someone horrible will “change”; they won’t.
24. Not use sunscreen. LEARN TO FEAR WRINKLES AYESHA!!
25. Post photos of hot actors on Facebook. This might creep Mahdi out in future..
26. Eat Junkfood; after 8PM.
27. Not be afraid to say ‘No, i don’t want your stupid brochure’,
28. Despite always wanting to.. i am definitely too old to dye my hair an obscure color like pink/red or purple. :sad face:
ps: 29. Too old to say :sad face:?? NEVER!!!!! Having a birthday soon? Share with me what are you getting too old for?
Had a small prebirthday celebration for Muuzi with the Genting Crew last night at Darren and Julie’s home in TTDI.
It was fun to just hang out with the gang without getting all dressed up and going out. Plus we got to bring Mahdi, and that was fun up to the point where he pooed and we have to leave cuz we didnt have enuff diapers. #ParentingFAIL.
Check out some of the pictures from that night. (Mostly stolen from various instagrams. 🙂