A few years ago, “How I Met Your Mother” aired an episode called “Murtaugh,” in which one of the main characters, Ted, lists things he’s too old to do anymore. With my birthday just around the corner, I got to thinking about growing up and what’s expected of you at a certain age. With that in mind, I decided to make my own Murtaugh list. Some of these things I have done, some I have probably always felt too old to do, and some I have simply missed my window for.
Any way you slice it, I’m too old for this stuff.
Here are 28 things I can no longer do now that I am 28.
1. Wear really short booty shorts (with words across my ass) outside of my house;
2. Wear superhero/tv/movie related T-shirts, although i REALLY want this!
3. Wear offensive/ironic T-Shirts;
4. Let someone talk me into doing something I really don’t want to do;
5. Go to a hipster party/rave.
6. Not ask for help when I need it;
7. Go out without make – up (really gotta work on this)
8. Order milo ais instead of coffee..
9. Take selfies alone, or do duck-face poses.
10. Rely solely on take-out; instead of cooking.
11. Be afraid/too shy to ask for refills at McDonalds.
12. Look the other way when I think I’m being lied to;
13. Get involved with drama that does not concern me.
14. Pull an all-nighter and think i’ll be able to survive work the next day (fool!);
15. Pretend to be something I’m not;
16. Have unframed posters on my wall (as originally stated by one Ted Mosby);
17. Have caller ringtones, or having a pop song as my ringtone.
18. Skip going to the dentist;
19. Say the phrases “awesome”; “sokayh yo”; “epic fail”; or “cayalaaah”;
20. Drink out of plastic cups; eat out of plastic plate….
21. Obsess over Harry Potter NVM, I WILL ALWAYS OBSESS OVER HARRY POTTER 21. Sleep
until pass noon, regularly; with no shame.
22. Own a lava lamp, a Justin Bieber poster, or anything that glows in the dark;
23. Keep thinking someone horrible will “change”; they won’t.
24. Not use sunscreen. LEARN TO FEAR WRINKLES AYESHA!!
25. Post photos of hot actors on Facebook. This might creep Mahdi out in future..
26. Eat Junkfood; after 8PM.
27. Not be afraid to say ‘No, i don’t want your stupid brochure’,
28. Despite always wanting to.. i am definitely too old to dye my hair an obscure color like pink/red or purple. :sad face: